Friday, January 07, 2011

I Tried to Hate Myself Yesterday

I decided to go the road less traveled yesterday..... I decided to concentrate on my flaws. I thought about my weird cheek fat, my wavy, ugly hair, the gap between my two front teeth if I don't wear my retainers, my fat stomach, my non-existent eyelashes, my back fat, my love handles, my social anxiety, my awkwardness, the fact that make-out guy probably thinks I'm clingy when really, I'm just trying to be friends, my non-dating-ness, my asymmetrical face, this bump I have on my lower lip, my long nose, my neck fat, my big hands and feet, etc....     

So yeah. I spent the day thinking about those things. It was still an okay day. 

I needed to do something a little different. I never look at myself unclothed in the mirror. I don't. Ew. I don't need to see that. However, I did it last night. I wore my bra, underwear, and high heels. (Course.) I modeled in front of the mirror. I looked at the fat, the stretch marks, the sagginess.... everything. 

And then I decided.     

I'd hit that.

17 comment(s):

Bre said...

lol. love it. so glad you love yourself, because you should! :)

(Ok, I realize I keep writing lol on your comments section and after I press send I think, oh crap, she hates lol...but then I realized, that's who I am. I'm an lol kinda person. And I won't apologize for that. hahahahahaha)

The Boob Nazi said...

hahaha I'm trying to hate it less though!

alishka babushka said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha.

thanks for making my morning brighter!

PaigeE said...

I did not expect that ending. Love it even more.

Kristina P. said...

Good for you!

College Babes said...

Ahhh Boob Nazi, I haven't been reading my favorite blogs for a long time... and yours is the one I've missed the most. --Cori

Heather Lee said...

Bahaaha love it!

Foxy said...

Yesss!!! Hahaha! Perfect ending.

Rachel said...

This really cheered me up today. I love that you love yourself so much--I think it is definitely awesome. I'd LOVE be able to think that after looking at myself naked in the mirror, so I basically think you are amazing. Haha.

Amander said...

Hey, why NOT love yourself, right??

Sue said...

What does that mean?

The Boob Nazi said...

Oh, mother. How cute. It means.... I'll tell you when you're older.

Sandra said...

Surely the heels made everything alright?! There's nothing a great pair of heels can't make right!

Erin said...

Your mom is so cute. Do you think she'll find out before you tell her?

Sarah said...

awesome! best post ever!

Jamie said...

This is pure awesomeness.

Q said...

I have a gap between my two front teeth. Nobody told me that the gap would come back if I didn't wear my retainer. (My dentist now thinks they weren't completely aware back then that teeth could shift that much after braces. Sucks to be me!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by April Showers