Monday, December 17, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Well, hello there. I got a complaint from a friend, who stated that she doesn't know what's been going on in my life because I haven't blogged. So here is a year's worth of Boob Nazi's life.  

Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

Okay, no. But kind of. I haven't had many funny things happen to me that don't involve patients, which I can't really blog about. I go to work. I come home. I go grocery shopping. I sometimes hang out with friends. I go on reddit a lot. A LOT. I've recently gotten back into working out, so I'll do that. I watch  a lot of Netflix. I go on alaskaair.com to look for flights. I start planning 2014's vacation to South Africa or New Zealand/Australia. (My dad said he HAS to go with me and my mother if we go there. I told him he HAS to follow the plan and not wander off like he likes to do.) Anyway. What I've really been up to.

(I'm searching through past blog posts to see what I wrote about.)

I have been busy most weekends this year. I've been going out of town, working so I can go out of town, or doing random stuff around the area. Let's begin:

January:
Work
Hawaii

February:
Hawaii
Utah
Mom and nieces visiting

March:
Coworker thing
California
Babysitting C overnight for the first time away from his parents
Getting bed delivered

April:
Throwing up
Work
Seattle
California

May:
Portland
Sinus issues/migraine/color run I couldn't do
Seattle

June:
Work party
Whale watching
Babysitting C
Utah for work

July:
Seattle
Oregon
Scottish festival
Work

August:
Work
Work
Wedding/life
Kayaking

September:
Wedding/Seattle/Trapeze
Victoria/Olympic Peninsula
SF and Sacramento
Work
C slept over

October:
Hiking
Shopping up north with friends
C's birthday party
Boston

November:
Lord of the Rings day/work
Birthday
Twilight/Seattle
Thanksgiving/family picture



December:
Work/Christmas tree
Disneyland
The Hobbit/Work Saturday and Sunday 
Parents/Leavenworth, WA
Work

Oh wait, I have plans for 2013:

January:
San Diego
Sacramento

February:
Sacramento

March:
San Francisco

May:
Maybe Salt Lake City

June/July:
Europe

October:
Beijing if my friend responds to me!

November:
Sacramento

December:
Sacramento

So yeah. 2012 has been a pretty busy year for me. It's been a pretty good one. So this is the short version of my year. I just don't have many funny stories. Maybe I'm not a funny awkward magnet anymore. That'd be nice.

Boston was beautiful, everybody. Boston during the hurricane was crazy. I walked from Mass Gen back to Cambridge during that time. Nobody was outside. (Because it was RAINING LIKE A MOTHA TRUCKA.) The streets were empty with emergency vehicles hanging around. I got the wettest I've ever been in my entire life. I'd highly recommend Boston, even during a hurricane. Our power never went out, and we got food delivered that night. (Gross, gross food. Would never recommend.)

Victoria was meh. The Olympic Peninsula is super beautiful yet again though. We went on a baby hike around a lake. SO gorgeous.

Twilight was ridiculous. But the ending was kind of amazing. I was totally not expecting that.

Thanksgiving was good! My dad and I didn't fight, and we didn't start any fights either. WE WIN!!!!

Disneyland was excellent, as usual. Carsland is the BEST. "How cone I help you?" AMAZING.

The Hobbit was good, not great. Thorin Oakenshield could be my baby daddy any time.

And the parents are coming on Wednesday. They'll be here for a week. We're going to Leavenworth, WA, which is a little Bavarian village on the other side of the mountains, for a day and a half. It sounds beautiful!

Okay, Cassidy. You can't say you don't know what's been going on in my life. I WROTE IT ALL. 

I've been doing all of this while nursing hurt feelings involving stuff I don't want to talk about/life. That's been fun too.

I'm glad I did this. It helped me realize how awesome this year has been, even though it's felt like it's sucked. Here's to hoping the world doesn't end on Friday, and if it does, that we go painlessly.

5 comment(s):

cassidy said...

Thanks for posting! It's CRAZY how many trips you went on this year! I'm super jealous of Disneyland and Boston.

And I just google imaged Leavensworth...AMAZING! That looks so cute! Super fun for Christmas time. It reminds me of the Jonathan Taylor Thomas Christmas movie. If/when I ever visit you we are going there.

Rosemary Nickerson said...

You can sure say no moss grows under your feet. A true travel bunny! Have a great holiday.
Rosemary

Sue said...

Well, I hope you have no feelings hurt in 2013. I'm hoping for that too. Love you and looking forward to Wednesday!

Caitlin said...

Wait, thats you on the far right in that adorable striped dress and serious Marilyn do?! Hot dang girl you fooooyn! Welcome back to Sacramentoooeeeee. The laaand of more nothingness.

Brenn said...

Plleeeeaaaassseee go to Australia/NZ--seriously the most amazing trip! I'm dying to go back and hit up the North Island. I am so jealous of how much you travel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by April Showers